Friday, August 27, 2010

Homemade APPLE Juice

I had a craving for some fresh apple juice last night, so my mom came back from the store today with a bag of apples. Then, she took out our mixer and put on the meat grinder attachment. There is a funnel sort of thing where you put the meat in and it comes out ground, so we put in the cut up apples. We got a 2 in 1 sort of deal; we got apple puree, and when we put it through a strainer, we got apple juice!

It was pretty messy!

3 lbs of apples = 2 1/2 cups of juice. That's not even a cup per pound of apple! Kinda pathetic, but also tasty.

We then strained the juice again, and we got some applesauce! But then we only got 2 cups of juice, but I bet the applesauce will be tasty once we add sugar and cinnamon. Later that day, my mom and I made popovers, and we made apple butter out of the apple puree. It was delish on the popovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment