Saturday, January 30, 2010

Peppermint Patties

The peppermint patties were a blast! The only ones that will eat them are me and my mom, but maybe (just maybe,) DJ, too. My dad doesn't like mint. We started by beating egg whites, then adding powdered sugar and peppermint extract, making a sort of dough. Then I kneaded it over corn starch until it was all combined. Then I rolled it out with a rolling pin until it was 1/4 an inch thick and cutting it with a glass. Then I was supposed to dip them into the tempered chocolate that I had made beforehand, but I didn't know exactly how to dip them without covering my hands in the chocolate. So, I just put a blob on and smeared it around with an offset spatula. Then I let them sit outside for a few minutes, brought them in, flipped them over, put chocolate on the other side, and let them harden for an hour. They turned out great and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment