Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Divinity

I made a Christmas treat called divinity tonight. If you don't know what it is, just call it "fluffy marshmallows"; which is pretty much what it is. I started by bringing a mixture of sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt to a boil in a sauce pan. Meanwhile, egg whites were being beaten in a blender until they had stiff "peaks". I then added the boiling liquid to the egg, and blended it some more. Then, vanilla extract was added to the mixture, turning it into a frothy substance. I scooped up the fluff with a spoon, and scraped it off of with another spoon onto a baking sheet (covered with a Silpat) into little blobs.


I let them sit for an hour and a half, and they turned out perfect! As you can see, I enjoyed licking the spatula and whisk.


I highly recommend making it and putting it into your coffee or hot chocolate.



No comments:

Post a Comment