Friday, April 1, 2011

Cake in a Cup (But Not a Cupcake)

The actual recipe is called "5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake," but to me that seemed a little boring. So I improvised! It was quite fun to make, and about 5 times more delicious. In a mug, you mix milk, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, sugar, flour, egg, chocolate chips, butter, and a pinch of salt we decided to add.

The prep time is about 2 minutes, and then you actually MICROWAVE it for 3 minutes. Our youngest chickens (who are considered "chocolate" egg layers) have started laying eggs now, a deep brown color (like the egg in front).

I decided to use one of those, and I'm glad I did. Fresh is better than store bought. We mixed all of the ingredients together in a hot cocoa mug, and put it in the microwave.

At first, I couldn't see it rise. But that was only because the mug we put it in was too tall and wide. But, it worked out just fine!


No comments:

Post a Comment