Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Morel Mushroom Soup

We found a mother lode of morel mushrooms at my friend's house, so we decided to make something out of them. The night after we found the mushrooms, I had a dream that we made some creamy, white-tan soup out of the morels and also made spaghetti and meatballs. Guess what was for diner the next day? Soup, and spaghetti and meatballs. We started by chopping up onions and the morels and sauteing them with some butter with a little flour added, then broth.


Next, I grated some nutmeg and put that in there...


...and after a while of stirring and letting the soup sit, I added cream.


I blended some of the mushroom-onion combo to make it just like my dream, and poured myself a cup.


When my dad came home from golfing in the cold wind, he decided to grab a cup for himself. After taking a sip/bite, he said, "Forget about a cup; I'm using a bowl!"

No comments:

Post a Comment